Tuesday, May 21, 2013

250 Burpees

For all those stormers who are thinking that today is a rest day, or a "just go for a long run," day, or a "just ganna some lifting during open gym" day,

You are wrong.

Today, is 250 Burpees.

I was wrong this morning too. I went into the 7:15 open gym thinking I would do a little rowing, maybe some back squats and see what goes from there. Then I realized that BECAUSE I hated the WOD, because I hate burpees, THAT is the reason I HAD TO do this work out.

2 minutes in, I literally said out loud "This was a bad idea," but Joe Cox dying right next to me said something that was simple, funny, yet genius. He said "Its ganna make you a better person."

He was completely right.

Want to get better at snatches? Do Burpees.
Want to run faster? Do Burpees.
Want to loose weight? Do Burpees.
Want to get mentally stronger? Do 250 Burpees.

So if your thinking about skipping todays WOD, and trust me I know you have an amazing excuse.... remember that its ganna make you a better person, and a better athlete.

Training on the side, going to open gym, going to LA fitness to swim... all amazing ideas. Doing supplementing workouts will make you better. Just make sure that when your modifying the WOD, or skipping out on 250 burpees, that you are not AVOIDING the movements  that you don't feel comfortable doing. Working on those things that you hate are what is going to make you better. Its what is going to make you stronger and what is going to make you unstoppable.

So get your gym bag and get into the box, its going to be worth it and after your 250th burpee you will look around to all your friends sweating and dying around you and you will be proud and know that all of you are better people for it. I know that I was. THEN I was even more proud when Mike Valdes said that we all did those 250 burpees VOLUNTARILY since it was technically open gym, nice catch Mikey, I didn't realize we were all crazy, but now I know we are all better athletes because of it. 

Heres a link to todays WOD:
http://www.crossfitstorm.com/wods/can-you-burpee/


No comments:

Post a Comment