Sunday, May 20, 2012

No Chalk at LA Fitness?

Today is Sunday. I decided yesterday that I NEEDED/HAD TO to work out today because I missed a couple days last week. I wanted to go into the box but being sunday, it was closed. I wasn't in the mood to run, so I decided it would be a good idea to go to LA Fitness and get a little WOD in. I was thinking they have weights and pull up bars and I figured I could swim a little.  Well, not to knock anyone that loves the "Globo" Gym, but I hated it. I guess after a year and a half of being at a CrossFit box, I got so addicted that I couldn't handle the change. Let me tell you about my experience. First I assumed being a Globo Gym that they would be open at a buck crack of dawn, so me and Chrisite were going to meet there at 7. Reasonable time, I thought. But apparently they dont open til 8, so we went for a run and did some sprints while we waited. Now picture this, two girls doing sprints and pushups literally in the shopping center of an LA Fitness. lol. Anyway once they opened we went in and started looking around, all i could think of is "Please have free weights, Please have a 45# bar." I honestly couldn't even remember what the inside of a gym even looked like, other than what I used in the past, which was the treadmill, olypical, and the machines. But thankfully they had a bench and some free weights so we agreed on Bench Press and Pull ups for the WOD, Great, well, kind of.  First off, the bar was so shiny and new (and apparently so unused) that i felt like the bar was going to cut my hands to shreds and  like a dumbass im looking around for the chalk bucket in a spotless gym. lol. Then off to the pull up bar, which was these two small bars, separated, pointed away from each other, and covered in some rubber for support, I guess. SMH. Again, im looking for the chalk. lol. And im not even going to talk about the music (im addicted to Coach Brandons Heavy Metal- its the only way to PR). Anyway, After the WOD, we hit the pool. Got a pretty good WOD in, I cant complain about the pool but Im a swimmer first so maybe im biased.

When I left the globo gym all I could think about is how much I love CrossFit and how much I missed my box, It didn't feel good cheating on my box. lol. I have to say that I love crossfit storm, we can be a dysfunctional family, but that's what family is. I love our coaches, always there to push us and support us. And I realize, and accept now that I am completely addicted to working out dirty, no a/c hot, bars & plates, pull up bars, chalk, sweat, filthy music, its disgusting, and i wouldn't have it any other way. Cant wait for 8 am tomorrow, I might actually roll around in the chalk, i missed it so much.

Chalk Angel. haha.

5 comments:

  1. Filthy, dirty WOD's is the ONLY way this chica will ever roll!!! Loved the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol its true, leaving the box sweaty & dirty is like confirmation that you had an amazing wod. i think i didnt even sweat at this place b.c the a/c was so low. lol thanks for reading mama. =]

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete