Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Its that time of year, time to reflect on the year that has past and the year that is to come. I have to say,  2011 was a pretty great year for us. We started CrossFit! or even better we completed an entire year of CrossFit. CONGRATS! 


Coach has been saying that we should get a journal for the 5/3/1 program we have coming up, if you haven't already go get one. It doesn't have to be fancy or big or anything, but get one -make it your first resolution, lol.

Your WOD journal doesn't just have to be for the 5/3/1 program, use it for anything CrossFit, I have my New Year's resolutions written in mine. Whether its getting stronger, working on gymnastic movements, or preparing yourself for competition, resolutions are just goals. So what are my goals this year? Well... lol.... I could literally write a huge list on here, and take up the entire blog but my main ones are: Muscle ups, Handstand Push-ups, and getting more Weight up. Pretty straight forward, attainable and S.M.A.R.T.  (Specific, Measurable, Affirmative, Realistic, and Time Bound).


Happy 2012, what are YOUR CrossFit New Year's resolutions? 

5 comments:

  1. Great Blog Janetssa, keep them coming. My crossfit resolutions are to maintain a healthier diet, increase my endurance(running) which I am happy to say I went on a 2 mile run today. I just want to get better and continue to work on those skills I am weak in. I know it takes time and practice so just trying to get that extra in either before or after the WODS. I like that S.M.A.R.T, makes a whole lot of sense. It's January 1st, 2012, so going to put my best foot forward and keep stepping! Nicole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine are loosing those 20 pounds overweight i have. Also enter a Crossfit competition this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to everyone!
    @Nicole: Great job on the 2 mile run. Two thumbs up to everyone's resolutions this year. My crossfit resolution is to go full Rx this year so I can keep up with the big girls. This is to include those darn DUs, T2B, HSPU, rings and whatever other acronym that the coaches want to throw at me. I just want to be stronger. After all "strong is beautiful" right?
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! I am a little late on my resolutions but I had to put a great deal of thought into them, I want to make sure that they will be attainable and realistic for me. So here goes I want them damn T2B! Lol also HSPU I am getting close on these movements YaY! But something that would be challenging for me would be to do a muscle up and handstand walks. I have about 11 months to work on this but I think I can get it. When I started Crossfit I couldn't even do a pull up and now I have them! So, now I need new goals and these are mine for this year and to get stronger too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CJ: you can never be late on resolutions, because they are just goals! im glad you took your time to think about S.M.A.R.T. goals and are working hard toward them! you are sooo close to T2B just keep practicing and like coach says "they will come." And on those muscle ups and handstand walks- lets practice together!! =] doing great mama, keep it up =]

    ReplyDelete