Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The CrossFit Runway

So you come in everyday, you WOD at 110%, you finally know what AMRAP means, you've lost some weight, you've gained some muscle, YOU ARE A BAD ASS CROSSFIT CHICK! So you talk the talk, but do you walk the walk??

I'm talking about The CrossFit Runway:
Long socks, wrist straps, head bands, compression sleeves, sports bras... Whats up with CrossFit Fashion?!

This is the way I think about it.... I LOVE going out dancing, and  half the fun of it is finding the perfect outfit, right? I donno about you but when I have the right dress on and of course the matching shoes, I feel super confident, and I even feel like I dance better any everything! So why not apply this to CrossFit?!

Of course with CrossFit I try to find a purpose (or excuse!) to wear things. High Socks: my favorite CrossFit fashion item. I mostly love them because they look super cute but of course they are practical too, they save your shins from getting scratched during Barbell work! and if your wearing compression socks - even better! Compression socks help increase blood circulation and more oxygen to the muscles equals less fatigue. Head Bands: they increase your ninja status! and of course, They keep sweat and hair out of your face. Wrist Straps: You guys remember Wonder Woman's gauntlets?  "..which magnify the physical strength and stamina of the wearer." Yup, same applies for Rogue wrist straps lol. and of course, they protect your wrist from going over range of motion or in my case they really do give me extra strength since I'm working with injury (broken wrist).

Check out these BAD ASS CROSSFIT CHICKS!

 Heather Bergeron, of CrossFit New England. I'm pretty sure it's the compression sleeves and high socks that are holding that bar over head. Lets not exclude the bright blue shoes, we all know "CrossFit" shoes are whats keeping you on your heels, right? ;P

Christmas Abbott, of Raleigh CrossFit. It must be the arm sweat band thats swining that KB over head. And I know those Lululemon Shorts are whats getting her hips to thrust with so much power! ;P

So what I'm trying to say is that I've always LOVED playing dress up and as dumb as it may seem, I actually think that dressing the part gives you confidence, and with confidence we can do some amazing things! So dress the part! Who knows maybe your high socks will help you break parallel on those squats. =] I know they are the reason I get so low!

And for all the people that think I'm crazy and that there is no such thing as "CrossFit fashion," there is actually a whole website dedicated to outfits of the day ! Check it out: http://amrapstyle.com/

A couple people have asked me about wrist straps, you can get them at walmart but check out
http://www.roguefitness.com/ Or http://www.inzernet.com/ <-- Also, these guys have power lifting belts which can help stabilize your lower back when your doing heavy lifts.

http://www.sockdreams.com/_pages/index.php <-- sock dreams have all the cute socks with cute saying on them. but for compression socks and sleeves check out http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-SKPOW.html

 I've heard around that girls are asking where to get cute CrossFit clothes... here a couple websites... 
HAPPY SHOPPING LADIES! 
SHOW UP, DRESS UP, PUT IN WORK!










9 comments:

  1. Janetssa i agree with you about going out dancing and wearing the right clothing and feeling confident but crossfit clothing is extremely expensive. And honestly i cant see myself spending coocoo bucks for shorts, socks, headbands, etc... And yes the small discounts are nice but it still gets pricey :/ Sooo i guess for me champion clthing will have to do until i'm done with school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jess: yes, CrossFit clothes is expensive! but let me tell u it doesn't have to be "life as Rx" to full fill its purpose! =] Walmart has some pretty awesome wrist straps, that last a long time! Target has an ENTIRE section for long socks! and any time someone asks me about workout clothes, I always point them toward Marshalls. Last time I went they even had those "nike pro" shorts! good luck mama =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10% off promo going on at Fashletics.com right now! The code is GAMES2012 for the discount

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found this post googling for nice crossfit outfits.. I so agree with you! Why not look cute while working your ass of :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy WOD gear online
    Your site is actually special. I've discovered your site revolutionary. You've chosen really amazing style for the drawing. We valued this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same is the case of mine. When I wear my Trendy Slim fit Gripped Sleeveless Tee with the matching shoes, I feel perfectly and super confident. Nice post. Appreciate it for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great web site reported, I hear you say below. Never know ideas may be the change. Thank all the enthusiasm to provide the useful data is here.Thank you for your time on writing submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have very rightly mentioned in the article that good clothes during workouts can give you great confidence. I always like to dress well while going to the gym or a run in the park. Sports bras are one of my favourite piece of sportswear and I usually buy sports bras on Carbon38.com. They have lots of variety in their collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. crossfit sweatpantsIf you are looking Online Exercise Gym Fitness Equipment, Gymshopen offering the best Muscle Exercise Gym Equipment Contact us - 61+0422219131


    ReplyDelete